Here at Primepac we love New Zealand and we’re working hard to play our part in environmental sustainability.
We’re actively looking at ways we can reduce the volume of resources we use and the amount of materials that end up in our landfills. Here are some of the initiatives we currently have in place:
- The Primepac team are working towards a paperless office – records are kept electronically and office paper usage is kept to a minimum.
- Minimise power usage: LED lighting is installed in our offices, we ensure our heat pumps are serviced regularly, laptops are used instead of desktop computers (less power), and machinery is turned off at the end of the day.
- We recycle as many materials as we can including: plastic films, cardboard and paper. We also encourage our customers to do the same by providing information on the recycling services that are available in their area.
- Responsible product sourcing: We look for and use suppliers with sustainable certification whenever possible.
- Our product R&D team are committed to finding more sustainable solutions to replace our existing product range – for example we now have a wide range of compostable bags and bin liners as well as many products made from recycled materials.
- We aim to provide our customers with environmentally sustainable packaging options and educating them on these products.
Primepac is committed to the reduction and prevention of pollution and will:
- Meet or exceed compliance requirements with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations, codes of practice, or guidelines.
- Commit to the continual improvement and expansion of our compostable and recyclable product range.
- Reduce and where possible prevent pollution from operations.
- Encourage & educate all employees on how to participate in efforts to protect and improve the environment.
There is always more to learn, and we are constantly looking for new ways to improve our environmental performance. We welcome any feedback or suggestions our customers may have on this policy. Please submit your comments to email@example.com